Monday, January 5, 2009

Chocolate Lava Cake

On Sunday, I baked Chocolate Lava Cake. Its a very simple cake to bake with just few ingredient. However, it was not easy to get just the right result. I baked once at my Brother' place in the afternoon and again in the evening at my friend's place. At my brother's place, out of the 3 cakes that i baked, only 1 turned out nicely. For the 1st one, the outer layer, ie the cake layer, could not hold the chocolate in it. The chocolate flowed out immediately when i removed it from the ramekin. With such result, i put the remaining 2 back into the oven for another 2-3mins. Out of these 2, only one turned out as per my expectation.
@ my friend's place, i double the ingredients to bake more. With double ingredients, i managed to have 51/2 full ramekins. My friend has a microwave oven and we used its convection oven mode to bake the cakes. Not sure if its because its not a traditional convection oven, the cakes were still wobbly after 10mins. So all the cakes went back into the oven. After few in and out, we have baked the cakes for more than 20mins!

No comments:

Post a Comment